If you’ve ever wondered “Why should I become a makeup artist?”, we’ve put together a list of some of the most wonderful aspects of life as a makeup artist to nudge you in the right direction. Enjoy!
1. You Make People Feel Beautiful – For many, this is the best part of being a makeup artist. As a makeup artist, you will help people feel confident and beautiful in their own skin.
2. It’s the Perfect Balance of Work and Fun – Being a makeup artist is filled with play and experimentation. You mix colors, experiment with different makeup products, and learn about the different skin types and tones your clients may have.
3. You Get to Meet Fascinating People – As a makeup artist, you are bound to meet some amazing people such as theatre actors, brides, singers, celebrities, or politicians. Interesting conversations on the job will make your work day fly by.
4. You Get to Travel – As a makeup artist, you may have opportunities to travel to places you’ve always wanted to go. Sometimes it might even be paid for by the company you’re working for, meaning you won’t have to spend a dollar to get there.
5. The Money is Great – Makeup artistry is an industry that actually pays quite well. You can earn a high rate per hour, and bridal makeup is one of the most well-paying services you can offer.
6. Flexible Schedule – As a makeup artist, you’ll be able to make your own schedule and decide when you want to work.
7. Recognition – As a makeup artist, you’ll likely have the opportunity to work on editorial makeup projects and get your name out there.
8. Glamour – As a makeup artist, you might get to work backstage at New York Fashion Week or work on a well-known television show.
9. Makeup Discounts – As a makeup artist, you can apply to countless makeup pro discount programs including MAC, MakeupFoever, etc.
10. Creativity – You always have the opportunity to evolve, change, and switch gears.