This comprehensive certificate program examines the theoretical and practical aspects of fundamental and advanced skin care treatments. This course prepares students to enter into the skin care industry with an abundance of skill sets to perform treatments and successfully grow as a professional. Students in this program will be well versed in traditional skin care treatments such as facials, as well as advanced skin care treatments such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion and micro-needling. Students will complete the program with a solid understanding of various skin types and conditions and the ability to perform a variety of treatments to suit the needs of clients.
Why Choose This Course
- Skilled, knowledgeable and experienced Instructors and Industry Professionals
- Up to date with new and improved Aesthetic Curriculum
- Access to local Spa Suppliers
- Useful Tips to help guide students in the Aesthetic Industry
- Eden College Skin Care Line Product knowledge and training opportunities
- Knowledge of New, Unique and Trending aesthetic devices, machines and aesthetic procedures in the Aesthetic industry!
What You Will Learn
Fundamentals of Skin Care
- Theoretical knowledge of the History and evolution of the spa industry, Anatomy, physiology and histology of the skin, Bacteriology and Sanitation protocols, skin diseases and disorders
- Practical and theoretical skills including Skin Analysis and client consultations
- Complete facial procedures and advanced techniques
- Fundamental electricity concepts for skin care machines
Medical Skin Care
- Theoretical knowledge and practical skills including Advanced skin typing and analysis followed by proper client documentation
- Client consultations and client care
- Chemical peels using various peel depths and strengths to suit the client’s Conditions
- Industry Experts and Guest Speakers from our Medical Grade Skin Care Line – Alumier MD
Spa Internship (90-hour Spa Internship)
- As part of program requirements, this spa internship allows students to continue to refine and enhance their aesthetic skills to help gain confidence and a thorough knowledge of spa operations by working on real paying clients or students.
- This spa internship will be a supervised internship in the Spa facility located at the college.
- Upon completion of their program, students will be able Conduct client consultations and perform any and all treatments learned in school, track the client progress in client files, perform administrative tasks, inventory tracking and assist in any spa related duties.
Future Career Opportunities
- Spa Business Owner – Entrepreneur!
- Day Spa or Medi-Spa
- Dermatology Clinic
- Clinical Spa Director
- Spa Manager
- Skin Care Brand Representative & Trainer
- Hair and Nail Salon
- Cruise Ship –Travelling Aesthetician
- Beauty School Educator/Instructor
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 330 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes